Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: H.S. Football perfection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    H.S. Football perfection

    Something i found and wanted to share with everyone. ---
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------



    High School Football: Roncalli completes perfect season
    By Dave Vilhauer
    American News Sports Writer

    The Aberdeen Roncalli Cavaliers ended their regular season Friday night the same way they started it: with another lopsided shutout.

    The Cavaliers scored early and often and overwhelmed Hamlin-Willow Lake 54-0 during a Northeast Conference football win at Swisher Field. The contest capped a perfect regular season for Roncalli, which outscored its opponents 357-0.

    They won the State Class 11B title last year and it's looking good for a repeat this year. We've never been a powerhouse in football so these are certainly good times indeed!
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member StateChamps92's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2004
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: H.S. Football perfection

    What state are they from, Texas?
    "Do or do not, there is no try"...Yoda

  3. #3
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: H.S. Football perfection

    got some more info

    Aberdeen Roncalli is located in Aberdeen South Dakota. The town has stoplights and car washes and everything!

    http://www.aberdeenroncalli.org/

    The class the school is in is based on the size of the school. There are two major divisions - 11 man for the larger schools and 9 man for the very small schools. Then each division is broken into AA, A and B, again depending on school size.

    11 man football:
    Class 11AA - for the largest schools in the state (Aberdeen Central, the public school is in this class)
    Class 11A - Roncalli was in this class up until a few years ago
    Class 11B - Aberdeen Roncalli's class
    9 man football (this is a blast to watch!):
    Class 9AA
    Class 9A
    Class 9B

    Those six classes make up the entire state.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: H.S. Football perfection

    I was reading something in Sports Illustrated about 8- man hight school football. I cant remember exactly where it was. In the Mid-West somewhere.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  5. #5
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: H.S. Football perfection

    I am pretty sure that Texas is where they have alot of those 8-man or 7-man football leagues.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: H.S. Football perfection

    Actually it is more popular in Oklahoma, Nebraska, and especially the Dakotas due to population. Montana runs some as well I believe. There are a couple of Christian schools doing that in the area here now doing that. Mountain Empire Baptist which I think is around Bristol has an 8 man team.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •